P A R T II: Peppin' Through the Forrest


top: self made, skirt, sweater, belt: thrifted, shoes: Charlotte Russe, tights: Walmart

Well, hi there folks! It's been a weeeeek! I've worked a lot and my uniform isn't that exciting to photograph ;) One of the things I hate about working is having to wear a uniform! I wear blue jeans and A black shirt everyday and it gets old. I have an interview tomorrow with a company I'd really love to work for. Fingers crossed I get it! Having two jobs will be tough, but I know it will benefit Rob and me. 

Anywho, here's another peplum I made! I originally planned on this peplum just being the polka dot fabric. But I ran out of that fabric and had to improvise. Fellow sewers: don't you hate when you do that?! I sure do. But I think the white made it really fun!

Three more tops to go, bro.

8 comments:

  1. I worked at michael's for about a year, that's where you're working right? The uniform was the worst part. At least you get to wear jeans. We had to wear khakis which is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I liked having a uniform at work! I never had to waste time trying to figure out what to wear for the day. Good luck with your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love the "checkerboard" effect going on with the shirt, you're right, sometimes mistakes make fun results!

    Also, I totally feel ya on the uniform thing. When I worked at starbucks and it was black on black on black everyday day and a ponytail... ick.

    xo
    http://katiaengell.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are my hero. My peplums have not turned out as well as yours...pretty sure we need to have a peplum lesson party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY WORD! Just found your blog. Love this. I would NEVER think to put together the things you do! You're my new inspiration! And I totally wish I could sew- I'm seriously the worst!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really think that your peplum top is cute!! with polka dots making it double cuteness...i wish i know how to sew now..gonna grab my mum to teach me some sewing lessons.

    xo josephine
    www.joselovincolors.com

    ReplyDelete

Insta

Well hey! Just thought I'd pop in and leave my Instagram just in case you've been missing me and want to do some creepin' ;) Fol...