Flings.

sweater, jeans, shoes, belt: thrifted, shirt: roomies

I've come to find that everyone here at BYU-Idaho has two week flings and then it's over.
I've already had two.. Oh yes, I'm definitely on that playa status ;)
Kidding! But seriously. I've had two guys take me on a couple dates, tell me they like me, hold my hand, and then we have a DTR (determine the relationship, oh college terms..) and then they decide it's not working before it's even been a week of dating.
Give a girl a chance. Can you really get to know someone after a couple dates?
The opposite sex has problems my friends.

If there are any fellas out there, let me give you some advice.

1. DO NOT hold a girls hand unless you like her. This is my biggest pet peeve. I hate guys who think they can just hold someones hand and it doesn't mean anything.
2. Take a girl on single dates. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE group dates, but in the beginning it's easier to get to know someone if it's one on one.
3. Don't play games. This is also another one of my pet peeves. Just be yourself and be real. My motto is: "say what you mean, mean what you say." Girls are sensitive beings, don't mess with our emotions.
4. Be a gentleman. Open the car door, walk her home after your date, and compliment her outfit (you'll get brownie points for that one). 
5. Don't judge everything after a week. I mean, if you really don't have anything in common and it's just not working, then fine, drop it. But you honestly can't get to know someone after a week. Not everything is going to be rainbows and butterflies right away. Take the time to get to know the girl.

There's my two cents on the whole dating thing.

14 comments:

  1. Good points!

    I learned hard things during college when it came to dating. Honestly, I wish I'd waited until after college to date or at least until my senior year. It would hav been much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. COMPLETELY agree! Thank you!! Goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely! The hand-holding thing is a pet-peeve of mine as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And such is the BYU/BYU-Idaho dating culture. Absolutely ridiculous. I went to BYU and the first time a boy tried to hold my hand I told him he better not unless he meant it. Totally caught him off guard. It was awesome. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! This has definitely happened to me a few times, and it's getting old :P
    Let's hear it for gentlemen ;)
    ~Sarai
    the-puddle-jumpers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wise for one so young. I'll be 30 next week, and I agree with you! :) PS. Your outfit is super cute--love the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely LOATHE the whole "DTR" crap. *Pardon my french* When I first heard of this nonsense, about a year ago, it made me angry. I agree with you, you cannot possibly know all there is about a person in a week. Single dates are key. Oh my! I'm so frustrated with those boys you went on dates with! It looks like you know what's up now. Good luck to you in the future, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "the whole dating thing..." hehe! you look gorgeous my dear! I love your hair. and polka dots. and cute shoes. ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. boys suck at dating wherever you go in the world...

    ReplyDelete
  10. UMMM those boys are lame. Obviously you were just a little bit too cool for them?? That can honestly be the only explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so glad there is someone else out there who thinks the same about hand holding! it's such a sweet little thing, you can't just hold anyone's hand.
    also, i really love your polka dot shirt & those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha. Dating really can be the worst. Especially Mormon dating. But at least you look super fly while doing it. That top is amazing!

    Ask the Duplex

    ReplyDelete
  13. welcome to BYU-I Do! i feel ya girl, i went there for two years. BYU provo isn't ANY different.

    and people don't value cuddling or hand holding very much anymore...to a boy they're non-committal ...when they should be to at least some small degree.

    this has happened to me numerous times, and now i just don't let the guy do anything at all until he's been around me a while.

    but everything always works out in the end, and if it's not worked out....well then its not the end and some better lookin hunk is waiting around the corner ;]

    AlphabetSoup Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so cute! For real, I love your style.

    Dating...ugh. There is stressful things about marriage too, but it's just nice to know you both have the same level of commitment and you can plan around each others goals.

    ReplyDelete

Insta

Well hey! Just thought I'd pop in and leave my Instagram just in case you've been missing me and want to do some creepin' ;) Fol...