Turning a tie into a headband.

It all started when my dad went through his closet and decided he didn't want these ties:
So I folded the tie into a square on the fat end.
 I then cut off the extra piece of the tie.
 Sewed down the extra fabric.
 Wrapped thread around the center to shape it into a bow.
I cut off skinny end of the tie,
Then wrapped it to hide the thread.
 I used the rest of the tie as the headband and glued velcro to the ends.
And done!

For any of you ladies who have boyfriends of husbands that want a bow tie,
you could totally make one for them :)

9 comments:

  1. OMIGOSH!! Why are you so amazing?!?!

    -aBBi giRL
    -trueblueabbi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so genius! link this up right now!

    ~selina

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a neat idea! i'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is actually the cutest DIY, the velcro idea is so practical! Now I'll be badgering my dad to get rid of his ties so I can use them. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's SO adorable! bookmarking this!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just made one AND blogged about it. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. woah! that's so cool!! love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Insta

Well hey! Just thought I'd pop in and leave my Instagram just in case you've been missing me and want to do some creepin' ;) Fol...